- 1 What is Thread Facelifting?
- 2 How Is Thread Facelifting Carried Out?
- 3 What Are the Application Steps?
- 4 Application Areas of the Treatment
- 5 Who Can Get a Thread Facelift?
- 6 Who Can Not Get A Thread Facelift?
Thread facelift treatments, which have become popular in the recent years among non-surgical facelift applications, continue to attract attention. Widely used worldwide, this method can also be applied to the face, neck and other regions of the body. Thread suspension is especially preferred for the correction of drooping cheek and chin appearances.
What is Thread Facelifting?
A thread facelift is a procedure developed to remove the early signs of aging. Thread facelift can be defined as a nonsurgical skin tightening method that is carried out through suspending the sagging area using special types of threads.
How Is Thread Facelifting Carried Out?
Thread facelifts are performed using local anesthesia, general anesthesia is not required. The application areas are determined and marked. Local anesthesia is then applied to the marked areas. Threads are then placed in these areas using needles to suspend them subcutaneously.
Taking into account the degree of sagging, threads are then tightened as needed as the face gets shaped into its final form. In this way, a revitalized appearance is achieved on the face without a trace of sagging.
What Are the Application Steps?
First a preliminary analysis of the structure of the skin and the underlying connective tissues is carried out. After marking the application area, entry and exit points of the threads are numbed using local anesthesia.
Once the required sterilization standards are met, threads are placed in the targeted areas underneath the skin using needles. The person is then seated upright and the lifting procedure is performed on the face. Afterwards, facial asymmetry is corrected if present, excess threads are trimmed, the face is cleaned, and the entry and exit points are covered with plasters.
Application Areas of the Treatment
- Nasolabial folds,
- Marionette lines,
- The chin,
- The jowl,
- It may be applied to each area separately or to all areas in need comprehensively.
Who Can Get a Thread Facelift?
Healthy individuals with good skin quality between 30 to 60 years of age are ideal candidates for thread facelift procedures. Non-severe cases with signs of facial sagging are favored for this procedure. Surgical facelift procedures should be considered for advanced sagging.
In mild sagging, suspension threads provide a cosmetically satisfactory improvement, while face and necklift procedures should be considered among other options for advanced sagging on the face. This procedure is a frequently used method to eliminate sagging on the face by focusing on the middle and lower parts of the face.
Who Can Not Get A Thread Facelift?
- Pregnant individuals,
- Those with connective tissue disease,
- Those using certain vitamins and blood thinning agents (Aspirin, Vitamin E, Ginkgo biloba, fish oil, anticoagulants),
- Those with inadequate or excessively thick connective tissue,
- Patients with uncontrolled diabetes.
What Are the Side Effects of the Procedure?
Rarely some side effects can be seen;
- Redness: Skin redness on the application area is transient and resolves within a few hours.
- Subcutaneous bleeding: As is the case with any procedure performed using a needle, bleeding may occur. Consequently small bruises may occur which will improve in a short span of time.
- Pain: Pain is felt minimally during the procedure. Painkillers can be used afterwards.
- Swelling: Transient swelling can be seen for up to 24-48 hours depending on the procedure and anesthetic agents used.
- Skin folding: The enlarged overlying skin takes longer to catch up with suspended underlying tissues, which may cause transient folding of the skin that usually resolves within 3-7 days. In some cases this process can take up to 10-12 days.
How Long Do the Threads Take to Dissolve?
There are two different types of threads for facelifting:
- Dissolvable threads: as threads dissolve in time, effects may last for up to 18 to 24 months depending on lifestyle and wellbeing of the skin.
- Non-dissolvable elastic threads: effects last longer as threads do not dissolve. Up to 3-6 years varying among individuals.
What Should Be Done After the Procedure?
There are no expected complications except for minor bruises that may occur in some patients. After the procedure, patients can return to their daily lives and apply make up. After the procedure, it is recommended to avoid trauma, rubbing, massage, and lying in a prone position for a few weeks.
What You Need to Know About Thread Facelifting
- Because of the threads placed under the skin during the procedure, collagen producion will be triggered within a few weeks and the skin will begin to rejuvenate itself. With this rejuvenation process wrinkles are reduced, skin elasticity increases, and the sagging areas begin to recover.
- The thread facelift procedure can be applied to both men and women.
- It can be combined with other cosmetic procedures such as botox and fillers.
Frequently Asked Questions
What did they say?
My recent visit to this place was a most positive experience. Rita is the girl who helped us. she always seems to take an extremely personal interest in us and our concerns and deals with each one in ..
Great place! Very friendly atmosphere and convenient location. Clean and comfortable office. If you go definitely ask about Rita she is the best, she speaks English, Arabic, Sureth, and Turkish. Very ..
Me and my husband came from the U. S. A. To Doku clinic, We couldn’t be more happier with the outcome ! We had an amazing and exceptional service Dr. Elvin Eliyev and Dr. Maiwand And his Staff Sibel a..
Thank you very much for the nose surgery after all it looked amazing and very natural look and also I would like to thank Ilbe and Dr.Alvin and Assistance Lara and Rita for the warm welcome and they r..
Skar izlerim için Uzm. Dr. Emre Kaynak'a muayene oldum ve Scarlet X işlemi yaptırdım, kendisinin ilgisi ve güler yüzlülüğü beni tedavi olmaya ikna etti diyebilirim. Çok memnun kaldım, şiddetle tavsiye..
Altın iğne uygulamasında ilk seansta istediğim sonucu aldım. Tekrar gelmeye devam edeceğim çook teşekkürler :)..
Doku Medical'e internetten araştırma yaparken denk geldim. Botoks küçük bir işlem gibi gözükse de aslında yaptırmadan önce iyi araştırmak gerekiyor bence. Çünkü yapan kişinin işlem tecrübesi çok öneml..