Although skin blemishes, which many people suffer from, are caused by certain problems, they can also be a sign of important medical conditions. At the same time, it can negatively affect people from a cosmetic point of view.
Among the reasons for these are the structure of the skin, duration of sun exposure, hormonal changes, pregnancy, hormone therapy or the use of contraceptive pills. Hence it is crucial to be examined by a specialist doctor to determine the suitable treatment modality. The treatment protocol is applied in accordance to the type and distribution of the skin spots.
Why Do Blemishes Occur?
The color of our skin is largely determined by pigments called melanin, produced by melanocytes. Melanin, which determines the color of the skin, can be concentrated in certain areas due to various factors. As a result of this concentration, skin blemishes appear, which is one of the most common health problems related to the skin.
What is Laser Blemish Treatment?
Various applications can be preferred for the treatment of unwanted spots on the skin. Among these applications, it is possible to achieve the most effective and accurate results with laser treatments. BBL Hero FullBody, Scarlet X, Starwalker Laser, ICON laser and Fractional Carbon Dioxide Laser (CO2) are among the most preferred methods in the treatment of blemishes.
BBL Hero Full Body: As it emits light in wide wavelengths, it affects the lower layers of the skin with ease. It can be applied to individuals of all ages. It can be applied to all parts of the body including the neck, chest, arms, back and legs.
Scarlet X:Thermal and controlled damage is created with specially designed gold-plated micro needles. This system, which stimulates the skin deeply, aims at obtaining a healthier skin appearance.
Starwalker: The shape and size of the transmitted beam allows for easier, faster and sensitivity-specific operations. It can be preferred especially in the treatment of blemishes of people with darker skin tones.
ICON: With the IPL technology it utilises, it penetrates deep into the lower layers of the skin and initiates the regeneration process.
Fractional Carbon Dioxide (CO2):It is a laser peeling method which rejuvenates the skin.
How Is the Procedure Carried Out?
The treatment process may vary among individuals, depending on the type of blemish, its depth, dissemination, and the person’s compliance to the treatment. For this reason, firstly, the blemish is examined by our dermatology specialists to determine its type and dissemination with the help of dermoscopy and specialized light systems, and the appropriate treatment method is determined accordingly.
Which Conditions Can Be Treated Using This Modality?
- Sun spots,
- Acne and scarring,
- Stretch marks caused by previous pregnancy,
- Burn scars,
- Fine wrinkles on the skin.
Who Can Not Get It?
- Pregnant individuals,
- Those using blood thinners,
- Those who are hypersensitive to the laser frequency used,
- Those with skin conditions such as pemphigus,
- Vitiligo patients,
- Those with active infection.
Are There Any Side Effects?
Generally, no side effects are seen in people undergoing laser treatment. Very rare side effects include:
- Pain: During laser applications, a feeling of pain similar to a rubber band snapping against the skin may be experienced. For this reason, the skin is anesthetized with anesthetic agents prior to the procedure. In addition, the feeling of pain is reduced with the aid of cold air.
- Discolouration: Changes in colour to red, brown and white tones can be seen in the treatment area after the procedure. Such problems usually resolve within a week. It is possible cover it up with make-up.
- Swelling: There may be temporary swelling in the treatment area. Improvement is usually seen in 2 to 3 hours in localised blemish treatments. In widespread treatments, bloating can persist for up to 24 hours.
- Temporary Tone Differences: This problem may resolve spontaneously or in some cases may require additional treatment.
What Measures Should Be Taken Before the Treatment?
- The treatment area should be cleaned before the application,
- Blood thinners should be discontinued 3 to 7 days before the treatment,
- Sun exposure should be avoided for 15 days prior to the application,
- Iron supplements should be discontinued.
Can Blemishes Recur After the Treatment?
It is possible to eliminate blemishes with the treatment method suitable for the blemish. However, due to exposure to sunlight, hormonal changes, and various other reasons, blemishes may reappear. Blemishes that originate from deeper tissues may recur. For this reason, periodic follow up can be beneficial, and if necessary, treatment can be repeated.
Frequently Asked Questions
What did they say?
My recent visit to this place was a most positive experience. Rita is the girl who helped us. she always seems to take an extremely personal interest in us and our concerns and deals with each one in ..
Great place! Very friendly atmosphere and convenient location. Clean and comfortable office. If you go definitely ask about Rita she is the best, she speaks English, Arabic, Sureth, and Turkish. Very ..
Me and my husband came from the U. S. A. To Doku clinic, We couldn’t be more happier with the outcome ! We had an amazing and exceptional service Dr. Elvin Eliyev and Dr. Maiwand And his Staff Sibel a..
Thank you very much for the nose surgery after all it looked amazing and very natural look and also I would like to thank Ilbe and Dr.Alvin and Assistance Lara and Rita for the warm welcome and they r..
Skar izlerim için Uzm. Dr. Emre Kaynak'a muayene oldum ve Scarlet X işlemi yaptırdım, kendisinin ilgisi ve güler yüzlülüğü beni tedavi olmaya ikna etti diyebilirim. Çok memnun kaldım, şiddetle tavsiye..
Altın iğne uygulamasında ilk seansta istediğim sonucu aldım. Tekrar gelmeye devam edeceğim çook teşekkürler :)..
Doku Medical'e internetten araştırma yaparken denk geldim. Botoks küçük bir işlem gibi gözükse de aslında yaptırmadan önce iyi araştırmak gerekiyor bence. Çünkü yapan kişinin işlem tecrübesi çok öneml..