Weak and sunken cheeks can make one's face look older and more tired than it is. Facial volume loss due to aging or genetics can be treated with cheek or cheekbone fillers that do not require surgical operations.
What Are Cheek Fillers?This procedure, known as cheek or cheekbone filler application, makes the cheeks fuller. It offers a practical and quick solution to aesthetic problems on the face. The hollowness of the eyes is reduced. It puts emphasis the nose, balances the forehead and chin protrusion and makes the face look younger.
The dermal filler, which is frequently used in cheek filler applications, is based on hyaluronic acid, which also naturally occurs in the skin and is known for its rejuvenating and skin-structuring properties.
How Is the Procedure Carried Out?After the anesthetic cream is applied, the filler material that will be used in the procedure is placed inside the subcutaneous connective tissue or on the bone if an increase in volume is desired.
When the cheek filler material is injected into the face, it pulls back the skin over the cheek and the cheek is slightly lifted. After that, the cheek becomes more round. The surrounding tissue is compressed while the expansion of the angle of the face is limited. At the same time, it provides a certain contour to the face.
What Are the Advantages of Cheek Fillers?
- They add volume to the face by filling the gaps in the cheek due to loss of tissue,
- The fillers applied to the cheekbone provides fullness in the area, as well as an improved appearance with the lifting effect it creates on the face,
- They provide a younger and healthier appearance to the face by defining the cheekbones,
- They improve the sagging of the skin on the chin and the nasolabial lines between the nose and lips,
- They reveal the shape of the nose by reducing hollows and dark circles under the eyes and balances out the forehead and chin protrusions.
Can Cheek Fillers Be Applied Using Surgical Techniques?
Cheek fillers can also be applied by surgical intervention. This surgical procedure is performed by implant placement. The implant that is most suitable for the face shape of the person is selected and placed on the person's face, and fixed to soft tissue or bone.
Cheek filler application takes 15 minutes.
As in every aesthetic procedure, edema can be seen with the application of cheek fillers. In addition, slight redness may also be seen on the face. The redness may resolve within a few hours. The edema is expected to resolve in one or two days.