Number of Sessions
Persistence of Results
Time to Return to Work
Although the changes seen in the skin with aging are widely accepted as a physiological process of the human body, the formation of lines on our skin, especially on our face, does not depend solely on aging. This can be said especially for wrinkles and lines in the forehead. In addition to physiological factors such as age, there are other factors that trigger the formation of forehead lines. These are:
- Facial expression movements: Repetitive facial expression movements have an important role in the formation and accentuation of lines in the forehead. Involuntary habits that cause facial muscles to contract, such as frowning or squinting the eyes while looking at a computer screen, can cause lines to appear on the forehead.
- UV light: Exposure to sun rays without protection for a long time can damage the general texture of the skin as well as trigger the formation of wrinkles on the forehead.
- Stress, fatigue and insufficient sleep: Factors such as stress experienced during the day, fatigue, insufficient and poor quality of sleep can affect our body negatively in a lot of ways, and cause premature aging of our skin and wrinkles on the forehead even at a young age.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption: Smoking and alcohol consumption can lead to deterioration in skin structures and the delivery of nutrients to tissues, causing drying in the skin and an increase in wrinkles by starting the premature aging process.
- Dehydration of the body: If sufficient water is not consumed, our skin dries out and loses its elasticity.
What Are Forehead Fillers?It is a dermal filler application for lines on the forehead visible even while the face is relaxed. As with other fillers, mostly hyaluronic acid-containing fillers are preferred in forehead filler applications. The most important reason for this is that the fillers containing hyaluronic acid can be completely eliminated from the body within 6 to 24 months. Synthetic and semi-synthetic fillers may have side effects.
Another reliable filler is the fat injection method, in which fat obtained from the person's own body (usually from the hip or abdomen) is transferred to the face.
How Is the Procedure Carried Out?
Firstly, local anesthetic creams are applied to the forehead. Hyaluronic acid is administered by injection under the forehead lines or into the wrinkled area. Redness or swelling may be seen on the forehead for one or two days after the procedure. Although the effects vary from person to person, they generally persist for 9 to 18 months.
Who Can Get It?
Filler applications are offered to people whose forehead lines are prominent when their facial muscles are relaxed and whose forehead wrinkles are visible even when they are not raising their eyebrows. Botox application is recommended in cases where lines appear only due to forehead movements.
How Is the Forehead Shaped Using Fillers?
Very fine-tipped needles are generally used when applying the filler material. This can cause bruising in people with sensitive skin. In applications of forehead fillers for reshaping purposes, specific tips called cannulas are used, which are as thin as a needle, but not pointed at the tip. When the injection is performed with round and flexible-tipped cannulas, it can be ensured that the bruising that occurs after the procedure is at a lower level.
What is Needle Shaping?
Three different methods have been developed for the treatment of forehead wrinkles.
- Botox: It is applied in cases where the forehead lines are not prominent when the facial muscles are relaxed.
- Filler Applications
- Needle Shaping: It is a filler application without fillers. In this application, the collagen fibers under the skin are transferred to the areas where more volume is desired, by applying a galvanic current, which is a very low electric current. This method is based on the displacement of tissues. Owing to the galvanic current, the collagen fibers are drawn to the desired area and the treatment area increases in volume with the person's own tissue. The effects of the application last for about 3 years. The treatment is applied 2 or 3 times with intervals of 1 month. The procedure, which is performed under local anesthesia, takes approximately 30 to 60 minutes. Slight swelling may occur on the forehead for 2 or 3 days.