What Are Buttock Aesthetic Operations?
They are surgical procedures applied to reshape the body contour in the buttocks and hips and to obtain an hourglass appearance.
How Are Buttock Aesthetic Operations Performed?
Although buttock aesthetic operations are mostly applied for cosmetic reasons, whether the person is suitable for this operation is assessed by the plastic surgeon during the consultation.
During the pre-operative consultation process, the body structure is examined by the plastic surgeon. At this point, it is very important to clearly express the complaints. During the consultation process, the images obtained using the Vectra device are modeled in 3D. This model is important for the doctor to demonstrate the procedure. It provides the opportunity to visualize the post-operative profile or symmetry before the operation, and to analyze the problem correctly and yield the correct results.
There are multiple methods used in buttock aesthetics applications. The procedure that is suitable for the body structure of the patient is selected in line with the doctor's recommendation. In operations performed under general anesthesia, steps are followed for the method deemed appropriate.
Recently developed plastic surgery techniques offer the possibility of butt augmentation for cosmetic purposes. In general, two different methods can be used for buttock aesthetics. Just like in breast augmentation operations, these butt lift methods utilise silicone implants and fat injection.
How Is Buttock Aesthetics with Fat Injection Performed?
In the fat injection method, the main focus is on the soft tissue. This creates a more natural look and feel on the buttocks. During this process, the fat removed from the waist by liposuction is filtered, purified and injected into the outer area of the butt to create an ideal appearance in the buttocks. This method is also called fat grafting.
Buttock aesthetic applications with fat transfer (fat injection) are not recommended for patients with low body fat ratios. In order to perform this application, the patient must have sufficient fat tissue in areas such as the abdomen, hips and around the thighs. On the other hand, removing fat from certain tissues to be used in the butt lift procedure reduces the amount of fat tissue in these areas, providing a slimmer body appearance.
Things to take into account in the application of fat injection to the buttocks can be listed as follows:
- Since no incision is made in the fat transfer process, this procedure entails fewer risks than silicone applications.
- The risk factor increases in larger amounts of fat injections.
- In these applications, the full recovery period varies between 6 to 8 weeks.
- In the first days after the procedure, do not act hastily and quickly while sitting and standing. If necessary, please ask someone for help.
- Injecting synthetic materials into the buttocks can cause dangerous reactions and unwanted consequences, with many scientific articles published in support of this.
- Using substances such as collagen in buttock fillers would be extremely costly, as the procedure would need to be repeated regularly.
How Is Buttock Aesthetics Carried Out Using Silicone Implants?
In aesthetic operations performed using silicone buttock implants, the implants are similar to those generally used in breast augmentation operations. During this procedure, which is performed to make the buttocks look wider and well defined in shape, your doctor makes an incision near the hip where the silicone will be placed, in order to ensure that the implant permanently remains under the muscles of the buttock.
Things to take into account in the application of silicone implants to the buttocks can be listed as follows:
- Although there are some risks and a long recovery period associated with buttock aesthetic procedures, the healing process is more comfortable than that of similar silicone applications because there are fewer nerves in and around the hips.
- Also, silicones are not usually placed into the deeper layers of the tissue. Therefore, there is less risk of experiencing potential complications.
- In the first 1 to 2 months after the operation, it is recommended to wear special protective clothing and avoid strenuous exercise.