Laser Hair Removal
- 1 What Is Laser Hair Removal?
- 2 How Is Laser Epilation Carried Out?
- 3 Which Parts Of the Body Can Laser Hair Removal Be Carried Out On?
- 4 Who Can Not Get Laser Epilation?
What Is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is the permanent and healthy removal of unwanted hair using laser energy. Laser beam, unlike light as we know it, is the emission of light in a single wavelength in a straight beam.
The laser beam applied to the skin with millisecond-long pulses is absorbed by the melanin pigment, which gives the hair its color, and selectively concentrates on the hair root without damaging the surrounding tissue.
The laser beam targets the pigment cells around the hair follicle. For this reason, the success rate of laser hair removal is directly related to the color of the hair. Laser hair removal cannot be effective on white hairs, and the rate of success in fine hairs is very low.
How Is Laser Epilation Carried Out?
After the hair in the treatment area is made suitable for the treatment, the hair follicles in the area are burned with the laser hair removal device. It is applied with cold air which prevents pain and inflammation that may occur during the procedure. During applications with Alexandrite (Cynosure) or Diode (Leda) laser, both the patient’s and doctor’s eyes should be protected from the laser beams.
Which Parts Of the Body Can Laser Hair Removal Be Carried Out On?
Laser epilation is a method that can be applied to any area with hair. The most common application areas are:
- Bikini lines,
Who Can Not Get Laser Epilation?
- Those in the first four months of pregnancy,
- Those with an active infection in the treatment area,
- Those who are tanned,
- Those with an allergic reaction to the wavelength of the laser beam that will be used.
How Many Sessions Are Required?
The number of sessions of laser hair removal may vary depending on the structure and color of the hair and the skin tone. While 6 to 8 sessions are sufficient for thicker hair shafts, 10 to 12 sessions may be required in some areas. In laser hair removal, the best results are obtained in those with lighter skin tones and thick dark hair. Very light or red hairs do not respond to laser hair removal.
What Measures Should Be Taken Before the Procedure?
- Before the procedure, sunbathing and artificial light sources such as sunbeds should be avoided,
- Hair removal methods such as waxing or threading should be stopped 4 weeks prior to laser hair removal,
- Peeling and scrubbing should not be performed before the procedure,
- Hair in the treatment area should be shaved with a razor or hair removal device two days before the procedure.
What Measures Should Be Taken After the Procedure?
- After laser hair removal, moisturizer should be applied to the skin for as long as the redness persists.
- Cold application can be made.
- Aloe vera or moisturizing creams or lotions can be used daily for a week after the procedure.
- Sunbathing or artificial light sources such as sunbeds should be avoided for 15 days.
- A warm bath can be taken on the day of the procedure.
Frequently Asked Questions
What did they say?
My recent visit to this place was a most positive experience. Rita is the girl who helped us. she always seems to take an extremely personal interest in us and our concerns and deals with each one in ..
Great place! Very friendly atmosphere and convenient location. Clean and comfortable office. If you go definitely ask about Rita she is the best, she speaks English, Arabic, Sureth, and Turkish. Very ..
Me and my husband came from the U. S. A. To Doku clinic, We couldn’t be more happier with the outcome ! We had an amazing and exceptional service Dr. Elvin Eliyev and Dr. Maiwand And his Staff Sibel a..
Thank you very much for the nose surgery after all it looked amazing and very natural look and also I would like to thank Ilbe and Dr.Alvin and Assistance Lara and Rita for the warm welcome and they r..
Skar izlerim için Uzm. Dr. Emre Kaynak'a muayene oldum ve Scarlet X işlemi yaptırdım, kendisinin ilgisi ve güler yüzlülüğü beni tedavi olmaya ikna etti diyebilirim. Çok memnun kaldım, şiddetle tavsiye..
Altın iğne uygulamasında ilk seansta istediğim sonucu aldım. Tekrar gelmeye devam edeceğim çook teşekkürler :)..
Doku Medical'e internetten araştırma yaparken denk geldim. Botoks küçük bir işlem gibi gözükse de aslında yaptırmadan önce iyi araştırmak gerekiyor bence. Çünkü yapan kişinin işlem tecrübesi çok öneml..