Moisture is very important for our skin. Our hands in particular may dry out due to various reasons such as weather conditions, genetic factors, and heavy use of chemicals, resulting in cracks on our skin.
Even people with an oily skin type may occasionally experience hand dryness depending on seasons and circumstances. In such cases, moisturizing creams may not be sufficient and the dryness of the hands may not be permanently resolved.
What Causes Dry Hands?
It occurs due to the lack of moisture in the epidermis, the uppermost layer of our skin. It affects men and women equally, and its incidence increases with age.
- Weather conditions: Our hands tend to get dry during the winter months when temperatures and humidity levels drop.
- Heating system types: Radiators, wood-burning stoves, underfloor heating, and fireplaces reduce humidity and cause dry hands.
- Hot showers and frequent hand washing: Prolonged hot showers or frequent hand washing can lead to dry hands.
- Harsh soap and detergent: Many types of soap, detergent, disinfectant, and shampoo remove moisture and oils from hands, causing dryness.
- Not getting enough fluids: Drinking an adequate amount of water every day is necessary and important to keep the hands hydrated. Insufficient fluid intake is one of the important factors that cause dryness.
- Skin conditions: People with skin conditions such as atopic dermatitis or psoriasis are prone to dry hands.
- Medications: Dry hands may occur as a side effect of certain medications.
What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Dry Hands?
- Sense of skin tightness in the hands, especially after showering or swimming,
- Rough appearance of the hand surface,
- Itching, peeling and flaking on the hands,
- Formation of fine lines, wrinkles or cracks on the hand surface,
- Redness and rash on the hand surface,
- Bleeding and deep cracks on the surface of the hand,
- Scars and discoloration due to scratching.
Hand dryness problem usually responds positively to lifestyle changes, and the use of moisturizing creams and lotions. However, sometimes this condition may be resistant to moisturizers depending on various factors and may not be resolved with personal efforts. Hand Vitamin application provides a permanent solution to dryness.
What Is Hand Vitamin Application?
Hand Vitamin is an aesthetic medicine application that nourishes and moisturizes the skin with its hyaluronic acid, vitamin A and E, amino acid, and peptide contents.
How Is the Procedure Carried Out?
Before starting the Hand Vitamin procedure, an anesthetic cream is applied to the treatment area. Then, the special solution tailored to the needs of the skin is injected under the skin using very fine needles.
Frequently Asked Questions
What did they say?
My recent visit to this place was a most positive experience. Rita is the girl who helped us. she always seems to take an extremely personal interest in us and our concerns and deals with each one in ..
Great place! Very friendly atmosphere and convenient location. Clean and comfortable office. If you go definitely ask about Rita she is the best, she speaks English, Arabic, Sureth, and Turkish. Very ..
Me and my husband came from the U. S. A. To Doku clinic, We couldn’t be more happier with the outcome ! We had an amazing and exceptional service Dr. Elvin Eliyev and Dr. Maiwand And his Staff Sibel a..
Thank you very much for the nose surgery after all it looked amazing and very natural look and also I would like to thank Ilbe and Dr.Alvin and Assistance Lara and Rita for the warm welcome and they r..
Skar izlerim için Uzm. Dr. Emre Kaynak'a muayene oldum ve Scarlet X işlemi yaptırdım, kendisinin ilgisi ve güler yüzlülüğü beni tedavi olmaya ikna etti diyebilirim. Çok memnun kaldım, şiddetle tavsiye..
Altın iğne uygulamasında ilk seansta istediğim sonucu aldım. Tekrar gelmeye devam edeceğim çook teşekkürler :)..
Doku Medical'e internetten araştırma yaparken denk geldim. Botoks küçük bir işlem gibi gözükse de aslında yaptırmadan önce iyi araştırmak gerekiyor bence. Çünkü yapan kişinin işlem tecrübesi çok öneml..