What Is Beard Transplantation?
Owing to the hair transplantation applications that have become popular in the recent years, it is now possible to easily carry out transplantation in areas such as the beard, mustache and sideburns. Successful results are obtained with the operations performed in cases of hair loss or bald patches in these areas due to genetics or other reasons.
Problems such as scars, surgical scars, burn marks or hair loss in the beard, mustache or sideburns can be solved with beard transplantation. Transplantation is successful even in cases where no beard, mustache or sideburn growth have previously been achieved.
In beard transplantation, which is the process of transplanting hair follicles taken from the nape of the neck to the area where the hair will be transplanted, only the FUE method is preferred.
Satisfactory results cannot be obtained from the FUT method in beard, mustache or sideburn transplantations. During the harvest of hair follicles, namely grafts, finer-tipped punches of 0.6 to 0.7 mm should be used.
Steps of Beard Transplantation
1. Preparing for Beard Transplantation
The area where the follicles will be planted on is disinfected. In addition, anesthesia is applied. The preparation stage is the stage that determines the level of comfort during the operation.
2. Collection of Hair Follicles
Hair follicles are collected with cylindrical needles rotating at low speeds, called micro motors. The quality of this stage affects the success of beard transplantation.
3. Transplantation of Hair Follicles
Hair follicles harvested with the FUE method are transplanted to the mustache, beard and sideburn areas. This process must be carried out by a professional and experienced team. For transplantations in the face, the angle at which the grafts are planted is of great importance.
How Many Grafts Must Be Planted?
Generally, when 500 to 1,000 grafts are transplanted to someone without a mustache, the existing beardless appearance disappears. It is sufficient to transplant 1,000 to 2,500 grafts in beard transplantation. For sideburn transplants, 750 to 1,500 grafts can be planted.
What Happens After the Procedure?
- There are some points to be taken into consideration after beard transplantation. For a healthy and natural-looking result, the postoperative process is as important as the operation itself. If the recommendations of the doctor and patient representatives are followed in the postoperative period, no adverse events will occur.
- In beard, mustache and sideburn transplantations, the transplantation areas can be washed after 3 days. After washing, the transplanted hair follicles become visible and a 2-3-day beard appearance is formed. After 6 to 7 days, the pinkish appearance disappears. The grafts harvested from the arms, legs, chest or neck do not leave any scars.
- During the 1 week period after the transplant, attention should be paid to facial expressions which should be used as little as possible. It is recommended to consume liquids and pureed foods for the first few days. Dressing is applied after 7 days.
- The transplanted hair follicles may grow in the mustache area over time. They can be shaved or trimmed with scissors after 8 to 9 days. Afterwards, one can shave normally, and the hair in the transplanted area can be trimmed.
- After 3 weeks, there may be temporary shedding in parts of the transplanted beard and mustache. 4-6 months after this temporary shedding, all of the fallen out hair follicles grow back. The quality of the hair follicles continues to increase for up to 2 years.
Frequently Asked Questions
What did they say?
My recent visit to this place was a most positive experience. Rita is the girl who helped us. she always seems to take an extremely personal interest in us and our concerns and deals with each one in ..
Great place! Very friendly atmosphere and convenient location. Clean and comfortable office. If you go definitely ask about Rita she is the best, she speaks English, Arabic, Sureth, and Turkish. Very ..
Me and my husband came from the U. S. A. To Doku clinic, We couldn’t be more happier with the outcome ! We had an amazing and exceptional service Dr. Elvin Eliyev and Dr. Maiwand And his Staff Sibel a..
Thank you very much for the nose surgery after all it looked amazing and very natural look and also I would like to thank Ilbe and Dr.Alvin and Assistance Lara and Rita for the warm welcome and they r..
Skar izlerim için Uzm. Dr. Emre Kaynak'a muayene oldum ve Scarlet X işlemi yaptırdım, kendisinin ilgisi ve güler yüzlülüğü beni tedavi olmaya ikna etti diyebilirim. Çok memnun kaldım, şiddetle tavsiye..
Altın iğne uygulamasında ilk seansta istediğim sonucu aldım. Tekrar gelmeye devam edeceğim çook teşekkürler :)..
Doku Medical'e internetten araştırma yaparken denk geldim. Botoks küçük bir işlem gibi gözükse de aslında yaptırmadan önce iyi araştırmak gerekiyor bence. Çünkü yapan kişinin işlem tecrübesi çok öneml..